“Why does my company need a Cloud Based email filtering solution?”
Valuable time is wasted every time employees check their e-mail, scan through, and delete useless inquiries. Further problems are created when viruses are cloaked in sophisticated e-mails which, the average employee may not be able to decipher as spam.
In this era of technology, most businesses conduct a large part of their communication online. What most employers may not realize is that checking e-mails can actually lower an employee’s productivity; especially when you consider that six- yes, six out of every ten e-mails, are spam. That is why; e-mail filtering is an absolute necessity.
Why YOUR business needs to have an e-mail filtering solution.
When your employees come to the office and, turn on their computers, they are setting the trend for the day. How their morning begins is usually a representation of their productivity through the rest of the day.
When your employee has to sort through hundreds of spam e-mails every morning, with only a few that are relevant, work becomes tedious. This can be disadvantageous in several ways.
- Lower Security– Spam is not always junk mail that is announcing irrelevant information. Many times, it is accompanied by malware, spyware, viruses and, more. Sifting through tens of useless e-mails can lower your employee’s attention and, just one click can send your internal network into chaos.
- Overburdening Bandwidth– With the state of the economy every business is trying to cut its budget. Spam tends to slow a server, so without an e-mail filter you may have to increase your budget for more bandwidth. Yet, even if you increase the bandwidth, you are actually allowing more spam to come in.
- Low Productivity– Losing productivity is the most essential component of not having an appropriate e-mail filter in place. If one employee gets 200 mails a day and, it takes 10 seconds to scan through the mail and, identify spam, your employee is wasting no less than 30 minutes every day. The next step is answering the relevant e-mails which may take an hour or more. So out of every 1-2 hours your employee spends checking e-mail you are losing a minimum of 30 minutes of actual work time. Add in the employee’s frustration and, the number could rise even more.
To make your business more productive you need a cloud based email filtering solution.
The solution for YOUR business is cloud based e-mail filtering.
A cloud based e-mail filtering solution will allow your business to be more productive. It eliminates your employee’s inboxes of junk mail and, spam making every message work related.
Advantages of the cloud based filtering system
– A cloud based-e-mail filtering solution is a centralized solution that has a web based console for management and, is easy to configure.
– You can add as many users and, domains as your business needs.
– Administrators can add safe lists and, black lists
– Mails can be quarantined to be accessed at a later time.
– It will have an inbuilt malware solution so there is no threat to your businesses security.
– The solution automatically updates for the latest solution saving your business time in having to download updates regularly.
– A cloud solution is centralized, so updates dont have to be managed on individual employee computers.
– No hardware is needed as the anti-spam solution is outsourced, saving your business overheads in maintenance.
– Cloud e-mail filtering involves gateway filtering so any e-mail first goes through the enterprises server before reaching the end server, saving your business bandwidth and, unnecessary security threats.
The Bottom Line
Desktop/mail servers are no longer as effective as they used to be. The biggest disadvantage is they have to be installed on individual computers and, require regular updating. They also need to have specific hardware that needs maintenance. So the bottom line is your business would need extra manpower, time and, budget for a server based e-mail filtering solution.
Businesses have to use the latest technology in order to compete in any industry. Cloud based e-mail filtering solutions are the latest in anti-spam. They allow a business to outsource their e-mail filtering, reducing their overheads.
Cloud based-e-mail filtering is the ideal solution for small to mid-sized companies that need to ensure their business communication runs smoothly and, securely.
Find out more about Cloud Based email security, by reading about Omniquad Mailwall Remote. Mailwall Remote has a web based interface, accessible from anywhere. We have been protecting our customers from email threats such as Phishing, scams and fraud emails, trojans and viruses for many years.
-The Omniquad Team